Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
The soup should keep for about 4-5 days if stored in a covered glass or ceramic container in the refridgerator.
- 4 slices gluten free, rye or spelt wholegrain bread, crusts removed
- 2L chicken stock or vegetable stock (to make this recipes vegan)
- 1kg pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 80g firm organic tofu, shaved or coarsely grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- Cut the bread into 1cm cubes.
- Place the bread pieces in an oven tray and bake at 200°C (400°F) for about 10 minutes or until the bread is crisp.
- Remove the bread and cool, covered.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over low heat until it is soft and transparent. Add some of the stock if the onion starts to stick to the pan.
- Add the rest of the stock, garlic and pumpkin pieces, then simmer, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, or until the pumpkin is very soft.
- Remove from the heat and cool a little.
- Puree the pumpkin mixture in a food processor until it is smooth (alternatively, a hand blender can be used instead).
- Return to the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add equal portions to 4 bowls and top with the toasted bread croutons, the tofu and coriander leaves.
- Drizzle with a little more of the olive oil and serve.
Use only organic non-GMO tofu to make this soup as there are health concerns about genetically modified soy (which tofu is made from).Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||38||21.8%|
|Total fat||9.8 g||14.7%|
|Saturated fat||1.8 g||8.7%|
|Dietary fibre||8.2 g||27.3%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content