Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This is an excellent summer recipe, perfect for family meals, parties or a light dinner. It is high in many nutrients, including: potassium, selenium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C and it's very high in fibre.
- 200g organic wholewheat spelt pasta
- 1 can organic cannellini beans
- 1 very ripe mango, flesh chopped, juice retained
- 1 cup organic shallots, finely diced
- 8 organic cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups organic snow peas, thinly sliced julienne, 2cm thick
- 1 cup organic fresh coriander
- Add 2 litres of water, some olive oil and a pinch of salt into a stainless steel pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until just al dente.
- Finely chop the vegetables and add to a large bowl.
- Wash and drain the can of cannellini beans and add them to the bowl of chopped vegetables.
- Remove the skin from the mango and add the flesh sliced thinly, ensuring all the juice is squeezed from the seed and added to the vegetable bowl (do this over the bowl so it captures all the mango juice). Ensure to use a very ripe mango that is very juicy, as the juice of the mango provides the "sauce" for this recipe.
- Add the drained pasta to the vegetable bowl.
- Roughly chop the coriander and add to the vegetable bow.
- Mix everything together in the bowl and serve immediately.
This recipe is also very low in saturated fat, has no cholesterol and is very low in sodium.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||20||5%|
|Total fat||2.2 g||0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fibre||22.8 g||91.0%|
These are approximate values.
HommousHommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
Mango vegetable pastaThis healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
Prawn marinaraPrawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
Red snapper with quinoaRed snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
Spicy asparagus salmonThe asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
Baked apple with glazed orangeA dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
Thai sweet chilli chicken saladHigh in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
Stuffed eggplantThe eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
Poached eggs, spinach and mushroomsRobust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content
SilicaSilica is a trace mineral, good for the skin, bones and teeth...more
LabyrinthitisLabyrinthitis is a disease of the inner ear, causing swelling and pain...more
Calorie IntakeThe recommended daily intake of calories is different for each age group and gender...more