Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This is a perfect breakfast for the weekend or any day that there is enough time to have a leisurely time relishing your morning
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1-2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g fresh Shiitake or Swiss Brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1 bunch spinach (about 10 leaves), roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat.
Add garlic and mushrooms to pan and cook until soft (approximately 4 minutes), stirring occasionally.
Stir in parsley and coriander at end of cooking and season with some salt and pepper
Meanwhile, in a larger pot, add water and bring it to the boil.
Add the eggs, one at a time to poach in the water.
Stir the water around the eggs continuously (otherwise they may stick to the pan and break) until the eggs are cooked - this should take about 4-5 minutes, depending on how much of the yolk is to stay soft and runny (choose less time for a more runny yolk, but ensure the white part is adequately cooked).
Add the chopped spinach to a pan which has had a few tablespoons of water added.
Season the spinach with salt and pepper and cover the lid on low to medium heat - this will allow the spinach to steam.
Check the spinach after about 4-5 minutes, as it should be cooked by then.
Serve with wilted spinach covered with the mushrooms and then add the eggs on the side.
Serve with toasted bread and freshly squeezed juice.
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||125||36.0%|
|Saturated fat||5.0 g||45.6%|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g||11.3%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content