Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
- 4 skin chicken thighs
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced into 5cm pieces
- 1 bunch baby English spinach leaves
- 3 Tbsp fried spring onions
- 1 cup salad leaves (oak leaf and mignonette)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 2 Tspn honey
- 2 Tspn lemon juice
- Fresh coriander leaves
Ingredients - Dressing
- 1/2 Tspn sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Tspn lemon juice
- Cut the chicken into 3cm strips and add to a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and honey to the chicken and toss to ensure all the chicken pieces have been coated.
- Cook in a pan with the olive oil for about 5-10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through (the chicken can be grilled if desired instead).
- Add all the salad leaves to a large bowl.
- Add the fried shallots, bean sprouts, cucumber, capsicum and carrots into the bowl with the salad leaves and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad even and add equal portions to 4 bowls.
- Top with the cooked chicken thigh strips.
- Pour the sauce on top of the chicken salad.
- Serve topped with some fresh coriander leaves.
Method - Dressing
- Whisk together the sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
This recipe should be eaten in moderation for those with heart health issues. To reduce sodium use no salt in any component of the recipe and this will reduce overall sodium.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||12||2.5%|
|Total fat||3.8 g||6.8%|
|Saturated fat||0.9 g||4.8%|
|Dietary fibre||6.2 g||20.1%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content