Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only). Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart.
Hommous is excellent accompanied to either fresh or roasted vegetables, with any type of meat (but especially lamb) or as a dipping sauce for crackers.
- 1 cup dried organic chickpeas, soaked overnight in cold water
- 3 cloves organic garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 cup organic lemon juice
- 1/4 cup organic tahini
- 1/4 cup organic virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1/3 tsp organic sweet paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Few sprigs of fresh organic coriander (chopped) to garnish
Add the drained chickpeas and bay leaves to a pot of water.
Simmer the chickpeas over medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until the chickpeas are tender.
Drain the chickpeas, reserve the cooking liquid, but discard the bay leaves.
Combine the chickpeas and the garlic, lemon juice and tahini in a food processor.
Add some of the cooking liquid (of the chickpeas) and process the mixture until it is a smooth paste.
Season the hummous mixture to taste with the salt.
Serve the tahini with some sweet paprika sprinkled over the top and drizzled with a little of the olive oil.
The hommous will keep in the refridgerator, covered, for up to 5 days.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||33||34.7%|
|Total fat||3.7 g||6.7%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g||11.3%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content