Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This recipe can be made as a vegetarian dish, without the minced meat - just add some legumes (lentils, chickpeas, beans) to the mix to make it up for the removal of the meat and then this recipe becomes heart healthy and low in fat.
- 4 medium eggplants
- 4 spring onions
- 3 large peppers (green/red/yellow or combo) chopped finely
- 500g lean beef mince
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh oregano leaves to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Cut each eggplant in half lengthways and scoop out all the inner flesh using a spoon leaving the skin and a layer of flesh - this will give 8 half eggplant shells.
- Lightly brush the inside and outside of each eggplant shell with olive oil and set aside.
- Cut the scooped out eggplant flesh into small pieces.
- Add minced meat to a large frying pan and cook until the meat in completely cooked.
- In a separate large pan, add the remaining olive oil and add the eggplant flesh, spring onions and garlic. Cook over high heat for 3 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add chopped peppers and then diced tomatoes to the pan with eggplant and continue to cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the minced meat to the vegetable mixture and stir through.
- Stir in oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the 8 eggplant shells side by side on a large baking tray and fill with cooked mince and vegetable mixture.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, until the eggplant shells are cooked through, but still hold their shape and the meat filling is cooked and hot right through.
- Serve garnished with fresh oregano leaves.
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||135||41.2%|
|Total fat||15 g||22.1%|
|Saturated fat||4.0 g||19.9%|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g||9.7%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content