Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
The vegetable stock will stay fresh in the refridgerator for about 3-5 days. It can also be stored in 1/2 litre containers in the freezer and frozen for about one month.
- 2 red (Spanish) onions, halved
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 3 mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 fresh (or dried) bay leaves
- 6 sprigs thyme
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 3 black peppercorns
- 12 cups water
Combine tomatoes, carrots, tomatoes and capsicum in a large roasting pan and cover with the olive oil.
Roast the vegetables at 200°C (400°F) for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables just start to go a golden brown.
Transfer the vegetables to a large pot.
Add all the rest of the ingredients and cover with 3 litres (12 cups) of water.
Bring the stock to the boil over medium heat, skimming the scum as it arises to the surface.
When the stock has reached the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for about 2 hours.
Cool the stock a little.
Put a muslin cloth over a large strainer which is over a large pot and strain the stock, discarding the solids (they can be eaten if desired).
Cool the stock and refridgerate it covered until it is ready to be used.
Organic ingredients should be used, as they tend to have more flavour, more nutrients and less of the nasty chemical residues.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||2||0.1%|
|Total fat||0.2 g||0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g||5.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content