Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This recipe is simple, quick and delicious, provides a range of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- 500g lamb steaks, thinly sliced into small pieces
- 200g organic snow peas, sliced julienne
- 200g asparagus, sliced julienne
- 4 spring onions, sliced into 5cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 cup raw jasmine rice, cooked (steamed or boiled)
- Heat the olive oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the lamb and stir fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Add the spring onions and garlic and stir fry for another 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and water and cook for a further 3 minutes or until the vegetables are bright green.
- Combine the honey, sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, chicken stock and corn flour in a small bowl.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the pan and cook stirring until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
- Serve with the cooked jasmine (or any other long grain) rice.
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||29||4.5%|
|Total fat||15.9 g||24.1%|
|Saturated fat||3.9 g||19.4%|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g||7.9%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content