Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
Calamari can be difficult to cook properly - they need to be cooked either really quickly or long and slowly to ensure they taste soft and melt in the mouth, otherwise if they are cooked incorrectly, they can end up hard and chewy.
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1kg calamari
- 12 medium green prawns, peeled, de-veined and chopped finely
- 1 x 400g can organic tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- Leafy Green Salad
Ingredients - Lemon, Rosemary & Oregano Potatoes
- 500g King Edward or Desire potatoes, peeled and chopped in 4cm pieces
- 2 lemons, chopped into 4cm pieces
- 1 whole garlic, cloves separated
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 Tspn sweet paprika powder
- Combine prawns, parsley, coriander and lemon rind and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add onion and cook over a low heat until it is soft. Add some of the chicken stock if the onions start to stick to the pan.
- When the onions are completed cooking, add the garlic, tomatoes and chicken stock and cook, uncovered over a high heat until the liquid has been reduced in half.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the calamari and cover the pan partially with the lid and cook over a low heat, turning occasionally, until the calamari are tender (about 1 hour).
- Serve calamari and braising sauce with the lemon herbed potatoes and the leafy green salad.
Method - Lemon, Rosemary & Oregano Potatoes
- Place potatoes and lemon pieces in a roasting pan.
- Toss with the olive oil until all the potatoes are covered.
- Roast in a medium-high oven at 200°C for about 30 minutes, turning them occasionally.
- Add the garlic cloves whole and roast another 30 minutes until the potatoes and lemons are browned and garlic is soft.
- Remove from oven and stir in oregano and rosemary.
This recipe is great when you want to showcase a meal that looks beautiful and tastes absolutely delicious. Impress your guests or even your family with this recipe.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||78||28.1%|
|Total fat||8.7 g||12.7%|
|Saturated fat||1.4 g||6.8%|
|Dietary fibre||6.1 g||23.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content