Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
Nuts are high in fat, but it's a fat that's good for your heart. The tamari flavour makes these nuts tasty and easy to eat as a delicious snack on occasion.
- 1 cup raw, organic almond kernels
- 1 cup raw, organic cashews100g brazil nuts
- 100g (2/3 cup) shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts
Ingredients - Tamari Coating
- 2 Tspn wheat-free tamari sauce
- 2 Tspn honey
- 1/2 Tspn sesame oil
- 1/2 Tspn ground coriander
- 1/8 Tspn chilli powder
- Combine all nuts and spread over a baking tray.
- Bake nuts in a moderate oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes. At about 7 minutes in the baking, turn the nuts over.
- For the coating: combine all the ingredients in a stainless steel pot and mix them through well.
- When the nuts are cooked, add then to the coating in the pot and toss them through until they are well coated by the mixture.
- Add the nuts to the baking tray and spread them over it
- Return the baking tray to the oven and bake at 180°C for about 1 minute.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and let the nuts cool just on the tray. The coating will dry out and become somewhat crisp on the nuts once it cools.
When nuts are cooled, store them in an airtight container in a cool cupboard. The tamari nuts will store in the airtight container in the pantry for around 6 weeks.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||169||56.5%|
|Total fat||18.8 g||28.9%|
|Saturated fat||1.8 g||8.7%|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g||8.3%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content