Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This recipe is fresh, light and very easy to prepare and is very high in dietary fibre, very low in fat, but high in the heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 can organic mixed beans (400g)
- Small bunch organic baby spinach leaves shredded (about 50g, 1/2 packet)
- 12 organic cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 organic cucumber, cut in half and chopped
- 1 organic red pepper (capsicum) chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 tins (106g each) sardines
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tspn extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tspn salt
- 1 Tspn lemon juice
- Cut up the cherry tomatoes and place into a large bowl.
- Cut the capsicum into small pieces (about 2cm) and add to the bowl.
- Wash and drain the baby spinach leaves and shred into the bowl.
- Cut the cucumber in half, diagonally, then slice and add into the bowl.
- Drain and wash the beans in a small bowl and add to the lager bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Drain the sardines and chop them into smaller bits and add to the bowl.
- Add the salt, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and toss the salad.
- Add the salad to each plate in equal portions.
You can substitute with salmon or tuna instead of the sardines if desired.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||43||9.6%|
|Total fat||8.0 g||14.1%|
|Saturated fat||1.5 g||5.9%|
|Dietary fibre||5.9 g||24%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content