Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This recipe is rich in flavour and healthy nutrients - vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. The beetroot salsa is the perfect accompaniment to the beef.
- 4 x 100g organic beef leg steaks
- 12 organic asparagus spears, trimmed
- 150g organic snow peas, cut julienne
- 1 red capsicum, halved and cut lengthwise
- 1 bunch rocket
- 1/2 bunch watercress leaves
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini dressing
- Cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
Ingredients - Beetroot Salsa
- 2 large beetroots, quartered
- 1 Tspn extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 Tspn balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped finely
Method - Beetroot Salsa
- Wrap beetroot pieces in foil and place on an oven tray.
- Roast beetroot at 200°C for about 50-60 minutes, or until the beetroot are tender.
- Remove beetroot from oven and remove foil.
- When cooled enough, remove skin from beetroot, by peeling it off.
- Cut beetroot into small cubes (5mm).
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with the beetroot pieces in a small bowl and set aside.
Method - Peppered Beef
- Brush beef steaks with some of the olive oil and sprinkle with the cracked black pepper.
- Char grill steaks over medium to high heat for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked enough.
- Rest the beef, loosely covered with the foil that was used to cook the beetroot, in the oven, for about 10 minutes.
- Once rested, cut each steaks across the grain, into three pieces.
- Blanch the asparagus, snow peas and capsicum in boiling, salted water for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and allow to drain on absorbent paper.
- Tear up rocket and watercress leaves into a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to rocket and watercress, season with salt to taste and toss gently.
- Place some of the rocket equally into 4 plates.
- Top the rocket with the snow peas, asparagus, capsicum and the beef strips.
- Spoon the beetroot salsa over the top.
- Drizzle the tahini dressing over the top of everything and serve warm.
Try to buy organic beef, as contains more of the vitamins and minerals you need, but it has none of the chemicals or antibiotics and other nasties that non-organic beef contains. Enjoy meat in moderation.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||213||51.3%|
|Total fat||23.7 g||31.5%|
|Saturated fat||4.9 g||21.9%|
|Dietary fibre||5.7 g||19.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content