Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This recipe is fresh, light and very easy to prepare and is very high in dietary fibre, relatively low in fat and is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. You can substitute prawns instead of the chicken if desired.
- 12 potatoes
- 500g green beans
- 1 small avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small mango, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 poached chicken
- 1 bunch rocket, shredded
- 1 bunch baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 Tspn extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tspn lemon juice
- Cook potatoes uncovered, in simmering hot water until they are tender.
- Drain the potatoes, let them cool and then cut into small pieces (about 2cm).
- Cook the peas in simmering hot water until they are tender (about 3 minutes).
- Drain the peas, set them aside and let them cool.
- Combine potatoes and beans.
- Div id the potatoes and beans among the 4 plates.
- Top with the avocado and mango.
- Toss the rocket, baby spinach, coriander with the olive oil and lemon and season to taste with salt.
- Add the salad to each plate in equal portions.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and shred it into small pieces.
- Place the chicken into the centre of the salad.
This is a light, tasty recipe, perfect for a summer lunch.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||126||15.1%|
|Total fat||14 g||21.8%|
|Saturated fat||2.7 g||14.1%|
|Dietary fibre||24.1 g||80.3%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content