Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This recipe is very high in dietary fibre, very low in fat and is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It is great to eat when you feel a cold or flu coming on as it provides so many healthy nutrients.
- 4 cups chicken stock (using 500g organic chicken bones)
- 3 large turnips, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup white cabbage, shredded
- 1-2 Tsp toasted garlic
- 1 small red (Spanish) onion sliced
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 stalks finely chopped celery
- Add 6 cups of water to a pot and add the organic chicken bones.
- Bring the stock to the boil and let it simmer for about 30 minutes (if you do not have organic chicken, you can simply add 5 cups of water to a pot and add 2 tsp of organic chicken stock).
- Remove the chicken bones from the pot and set aside.
- Add all the vegetables and fennel seeds to the pot .
- Bring to the boil - this should take about 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces and add back to the pot.
- Boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with some fresh coriander leaves on top.
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||15||6.6%|
|Total fat||6.7 g||9.8%|
|Saturated fat||2.0 g||10.2%|
|Dietary fibre||9.5 g||31.7%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content