Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This is a filling soup that is a variation on the traditional chicken and corn soup, with a few extra flavours and nutrients.
- 1/4 cup jasmine rice (or any long grain rice)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 skinless organic chicken thigh or breast fillets, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, julienne into 5cm strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into 5cm strips
- 125g frozen (or canned or fresh) corn
- Handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- Add the chicken stock to a heavy, iron-based pot.
- Add the rice and bring to the boil, covered with the lid.
- Once the water has reached the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the rice is softened.
- Add the chicken, carrot, capsicum and corn and cook on a medium heat for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the coriander.
Always buy organic chicken, as it is tastier and better for you.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||15||6.6%|
|Total fat||6.7 g||9.8%|
|Saturated fat||2.0 g||10.2%|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g||6.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content