Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
Ingredients - Eggplant
- 500g eggplants, sliced crosswise into 1cm thick slices (about 8 slices)
- 2 large zucchini (yellow and green), sliced 1cm thick on diagonal
- 4 capsicums, sliced in half
- 100g snowpea sprouts
- 500g orange sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tspn ground coriander
- 1 Tspn ground cumin
- Extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Sprinkle of pecan nuts
Ingredients - Salsa Verde
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tspn capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method - Eggplant
- Cook sweet potato in a saucepan with salted water, uncovered, over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the sweet potato and set aside.
- Add the sweet potato into a food processor and also add the garlic, ground spices, lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons of the olive oil and process until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place eggplant, zucchini and capsicum pieces on an oven tray, brush with a little olive oil on both sides.
- Roast the eggplant, zucchini and capsicum in a medium-hot oven at 200C for about 30 minutes, turning each piece over at about 15 minutes (or when browned on one side). Cook until both sides are browned and tender.
- Spoon sweet potato mash onto plates and top with the layered vegetables in equal portions.
- Add equal parts of the salsa verde on top of each stack.
- Serve garnished with the snow pea sprouts.
Method - Salsa Verde
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until they are smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The added nuts and seeds make this a complete protein recipe, so it is suitable for vegans.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||50||18.6%|
|Total fat||5.6 g||8.9%|
|Saturated fat||0.8 g||3.8%|
|Dietary fibre||12.4 g||41.3%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content