Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
- 500g skinless organic chicken thigh fillets
- 250g red split lentils
- 2 red peppers, sliced 5cm strips
- 250g peas (fresh or frozen)
- 100g red (Spanish) onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tspn fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 L chicken stock (or water)
- 2 Tspn ground cumin
- 1 Tspn ground turmeric
- 1 Tbspn extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 Tspn cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 Tspn garam masala
- 2-4 Tbspn fresh coriander, chopped
- Add the chicken stock (or water) to a heavy pot.
- Add the onions, lentils, ground turmeric and ground cumin to the water.
- Cook on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken and bring the water to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds start to sizzle, add the garlic and ginger.
- When the garlic has become soft and slightly golden in colour remove them from the heat and add to the pot with the chicken and lentils.
- Add the peas, lemon juice and garam masala to the pot and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring all the ingredients through to ensure they are all combined properly.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander.
While this recipe has a lot of ingredients, it's really easy to prepare and cook. Once the lentils are in, you just need to stir occasionally until it is cooked and ready to be eaten.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||88||22.7%|
|Total fat||9.8 g||14.9%|
|Saturated fat||2.2 g||11.2%|
|Dietary fibre||15.5 g||51.7%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content