Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This recipes is delicious (when arent figs absolutely scrupmptious?), looks beautiful, is really tasty and great dessert for all the family. While it isnt low in fat or carbohydrates, it does contain a lot of betacarotene and vitamin C.
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice (or any other long-grain rice)
- 4 cups organic milk (rice, soy, almond, coconut, cow or other)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried organic figs
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split sideways
- 3 cardamom pods, slightly crushed (just bruised)
- 1/4 cup slivered organic almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shelled, unsalted organic pistachios, crushed
- Add milk, rice, cardamom, figs, cinnamon, vanilla to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- After milk starts to get hot (about 10 minutes), reduce heat and cook gently on low heat. Stir through frequently.
- Cook milk like this, on the low heat, for about 40 minutes, until rice has the consistency of porridge.
- Add in half the almonds and pistachios and let sit for a few minutes.
- Spoon into 4 dishes and sprinkle the remaining almonds and pistachio nuts on top.
- Serve warm.
This rice pudding will keep for 2-3 days in the refridgerator, just make sure to cover it well.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||103||23%|
|Total fat||11.4 g||20.7%|
|Saturated fat||3.7 g||6.8%|
|Dietary fibre||3.9 g||12.7%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content