Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This recipes is delicious (when arent mangoes great?), looks beautiful, is really tasty and great dessert for all the family. It is low in calories, low in fat and has a lot of betacarotene and vitamin C.
- 1 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups mashed mango
- 1/3 cup skim milk (can use rice, coconut, almond, cow, soy or other milk)
- 1/2 cup low fat yoghurt (can use soy)
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tsp lemon rind
- Berries (to garnish)
- Fresh mint (to garnish)
- Put orange juice, mango, lemon rind and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- While the ingredients are in the saucepan, add the cornflour to the milk in a dish and mix together.
- Once mixed in, add the cornflour/milk to the saucepan, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and returns to the boil.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes (after it has been brought to the boil), then remove from heat.
- When the mixture is cooled, place in a blender, add the yoghurt and puree until all ingredients are mixed.
- Pour mixture into individual (small) serving cups/bowls/moulds and refrigerate until the mixture has set.
- Serve with a few berries and a sprig of fresh mint.
This is a nice summer recipe, which is especially great when entertaining. The kids will love it too.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||210||6.5%|
|Total fat||1.2 g||2.1%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g||6.7%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content