Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This is an excellent breakfast idea for people in a hurry. It's also very nutritious with lots of calcium, fibre and protein as well as being high in many vitamins and antioxidants. If you don't use cow's milk, make sure your non-dairy milk of choice has adequate calcium.
- 250ml organic milk (rice, soy, almond, coconut, cow)
- 1 medium banana roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1 Tbsp ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp ground hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp ground walnuts (can substitute pecans)
- 1 Tspn honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 Tspn oat bran (for extra fibre)
Place all ingredients into a blender.
Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Organic ingredients should be used, as they tend to have more flavour, more nutrients and less of the nasty chemical residues.
This can also be served as a mid-afternoon snack.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||72||38.0%|
|Total fat||8 g||12.0%|
|Saturated fat||1.2 g||6.0%|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g||10.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content