Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
These oats are power packed and will provide you with lots of energy to start the day.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup any milk (almond, rice, coconut, cow, soy)
- 13 cup oats
- 6.8 dried prunes
- 4-6 dried figs
- 4-6 dried nectarines
- 1-2 Tbsp hulled sesames seeds
- 8-12 pecans, walnuts or almonds (or a combination) finely chopped (or grated)
Add water and milk to pan and bring to the boil.
Add oats and allow to simmer gently until oats have cooked (about 10-15 minutes) - stir constantly so oats don't stick. Add more water or milk if mixture becomes too thick and gluggy.
Once cooked, removed from pan and add equal portions to 2 bowls.
Cut figs and prunes into small pieces and add to oats.
Sprinkle with nuts and seeds and stir. Serve immediately.
Organic ingredients should be used, as they tend to have more flavour, more nutrients and less of the nasty chemical residues.
This is a great breakfast recipe as it contains no added sugar, is low glycemic, low in fat and will give an energy boost to last through the day.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||3.4||11.5%|
|Total fat||3.8 g||6.0%|
|Saturated fat||0.6 g||3.0%|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g||21.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content