Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This is a perfect breakfast for the weekend or any day that there is enough time to have a leisurely morning meal. And while this meal is higher in fat, it is good fat from fish.
Ingredients - Patties
- 150g (2/3 cup) medium grain rice, cooked
- 2 large organic eggs
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tspn fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 100g cooked salmon (either smoked or fresh), cut into strips
- Lemon rind grated
- Fresh mint to serve
Ingredients - Cucumber Dressing
- 1 small green cucumber finely chopped
- 175g (3/4 cup) plain organic yoghurt
- 2 Tspn fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 Tspn lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine rice, eggs, onion, dill and lemon rind in a bowl and mix this well.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
Spoon rice mixture into patties (to desired size) and add to pan to cook. Add as many patties that can fit to pan to cook.
Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side and then turn over to cook the other side (until slightly browned).
Place on a plate and cover to keep them warm.
Repeat cooking process until all patties are cooked.
Cucumber dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place patties on a plate and serve with salmon slices on top, followed with a dollop of he cucumber dressing. Garnish with the fresh mint.
- They can be served on their own, or with some toasted wholegrain bread, for a more filling carbohydrated meal and freshly squeezed juice.
Patty mixture can be made the day before, as long as it is kept covered in the refridgerator. Dressing should be made just before serving.
Organic ingredients should be used, as they tend to have more flavour, more nutrients and less of the nasty chemical residues.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||114||39.4%|
|Total fat||12.6 g||19.9%|
|Saturated fat||2.4 g||12.5%|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g||2.7%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content