Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
Keep this muesli in an air-tight jar (without the berries which should be added fresh) and it will keep for weeks. A very super healthy breakfast recipe that is packed with energy and healthyful nutrients.
- 1/2 cup almond flakes (made from whole almonds)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 25g shredded organic coconut (made from 1 coconut)
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 2 cups puffed quinoa
- 2 cups toasted oats
- 1 cup rice bran
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed kernels
- 55g roughly chopped dried organic figs
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dried organic apricots
- 20g roughly chopped dried organic apples
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
Add almonds to a baking tray.
Add chopped up fresh coconut to a baking tray.
Cook in medium oven at 180°C for between 3-5 minutes - until they are very lightly toasted. Check on them regularly to make sure they don't burn.
Remove the coconut and almonds from the oven and chop roughly (or finely, depending on your preference).
Allow coconuts and almonds to cool.
Combine coconuts and almonds with rest of ingredients in a large bowl and mix through well.
- Add the muesli to an airtight container.
This makes a great muesli which can be eaten with fresh berries and a banana chopped on top, for added flavour and served with your preference of milk - cow's, rice, soy, almond, whichever one you prefer.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||9.1||35.1%|
|Total fat||10.1 g||18.4%|
|Saturated fat||1.5 g||8.9%|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g||22%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content