Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This can also be served as a mid-afternoon snack. The berries provide high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. This is a delicious, easy-to-prepare and healthy breakfast meal.
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups low fat buttermilk (100g silken tofu can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp raw sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tspn bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 Tspn salt
- Extra olive oil for greasing the pan
- Drizzle of honey, to serve
- Fresh fruit, chopped up, to serve
Beat the eggs, oil and buttermilk in a large bowl with a whisk.
In another bowl, combine the flour, oat bran, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine until they are blended (it is unnecessary to use a food processor, just use a whisk).
Add about 1-2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a pan.
Heat the pan over medium heat.
Add the pancake batter with a large spoon (about 2 tablespoon for each pancake) until they are the size required.
Cook each side of the pancake until the edges start to get dry and small bubbles form in the centre of the pancakes. It should take about 2-3 minutes to cook each side until it is golden brown.
Turn over to cook the other side.
Repeat until the batter is all cooked.
Serve immediately with a small drizzle of honey and some fresh fruit.
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||69||45.1%|
|Total fat||7.7 g||14.0%|
|Saturated fat||1.3 g||8.2%|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g||12.7%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content