Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This can also be served as a mid-afternoon snack. The berries and nectarines provide high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. The yoghurt adds calcium and magnesium. This is a delicious, easy-to-prepare and healthy breakfast meal.
- 1/2 cups diced organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup organic blackberries
- 1/2 cup diced organic nectarines
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries
- 1 passionfruit, pulp removed
- 5-6 Tbsp low fat yoghurt (can substitute with coconut for vegetarians and vegans)
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans (other nuts can be used)
- 1 Tbsp hulled sesame seeds
- Cut larger strawberries and nectarines into bite sized pieces and add into a bowl.
- Add the blackberries and blueberries and mix through evenly.
- Divide fruit into two equal portions in two bowls.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of yoghurt to the top of the fruit in each bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the passionfruit pulp onto the top of the yoghurt in each bowl.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and sesame seeds.
- Serve garnished with some fresh mint leaves.
Organic ingredients should be used, as they tend to have more flavour, more nutrients and less of the nasty chemical residues.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||72||38.0%|
|Total fat||8 g||12.0%|
|Saturated fat||1.2 g||6.0%|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g||10.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content