Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This is an healthy and nutritious breakfast recipe that is full of flavour and will give you a good start to the day.
- 500g asparagus spears
- 100g shiitake (or Swiss Brown) mushrooms
- 4 organic eggs (100g tofu can be substituted for vegetarians)
- 2 large spring onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon (or lime) juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil some water in a pan.
- Blanch the asparagus for about 2 minutes - add the asparagus into the boiling water and remove after the 2 minutes and set them aside. The asparagus should be green and slightly tender.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the onions and garlic are soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Quickly whisk the eggs with a fork in a bowl and add them to the vegetables.
- Add the herbs and seasoning and stir through so that all ingredients are combined.
- Leave the mixture to cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the asparagus topped with the vegetable frittata on top.
Organic ingredients should be used, as they tend to have more flavour, more nutrients and less of the nasty chemical residues.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||20||12.1%|
|Total fat||8.9 g||16.2%|
|Saturated fat||13 g||8.2%|
|Dietary fibre||4.4 g||14.7%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content