Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only). Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart.
The tahini, hazelnut, almond spread can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
- 125g blanched hazelnuts
- 125g blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon (or lime) juice
Place hazelnuts and almonds on an oven tray.
Roast the nuts at 200°C for about 5-10 minutes or until they are slightly golden brown.
Add the hazelnuts, almonds, tahini, lemon juice and about 1/2 cup of water to a food processor until a smooth paste is formed.
Season the spread with some salt to taste.
Blanched nuts - means that the skin has been removed by adding the nuts the boiling hot water for 5 seconds and then immediately removing them from the hot water, so that it makes the skin easy to remove. The nuts then need to be squeezed with absorbent paper to remove any excess water before being roasted.
Organic ingredients should be used, as they tend to have more flavour, more nutrients and less of the nasty chemical residues.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||127||21.1%|
|Total fat||14.2 g||22.0%|
|Saturated fat||1.2 g||6.0%|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g||11.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content