Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart.
The fish stock will stay fresh in the refridgerator for about 3-5 days. It can also be stored in 1/2 litre containers in the freezer and frozen for about one month.
- 1 kg fish bones (frame and head of snapper, blue eye cod, or other white fish)
- 2 organic carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 organic red capsicum
- 1 organic red (Spanish) onion, halved
- 3 organic cloves garlic
- 6 organic sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 organic sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 organic sprigs fresh oregano
- 3 organic fresh (or dried) bay leaves
- 3 organic black peppercorns
- 3 organic Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
Add 3 litres (12 cups) of water in a large pot and add all the ingredients into the water.
Bring the stock slowly to the boil, skimming any scum off the surface as it arises.
Once the stock has reached the boil, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook, uncovered for about 30 minutes.
Allow the stock to cool a little.
Put a muslin cloth over a large strainer which is over a large pot and strain the stock, discarding the solids.
When the stock has cooled, strain it again, ensuring that any solids or sediments have been left in the strainer and the liquid is clear.
Cool the stock further and refridgerate until it is cold and ready to be used.
Organic (free-range) chicken pieces should be used as they contain higher levels of vitamins and minerals, plus they do not contain antibiotics, so are much more nutritious than the non-organic variety.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||1||0%|
|Total fat||0.1 g||0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g||3.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content