Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
A delicious walnut dip that is great for parties and a basic recipe to make for everyday use.
- 2 large roasted red capsicums, cut in half and seeds removed
- 50g walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
Place capsicums on an oven tray and roast at 200°C (or 400°F), turning over to roast both sides, for 20 minutes, at which point skins should be blistered and blackened.
Remove the capsicums from the oven and cover loosely with foil for about 10 minutes.
When the capsicums are cool enough to handle, remove the blackened skin from the capsicums.
Cut the capsicums into 5cm strips and mix with the capsicum juices in a bowl.
Add the capsicum and juices, walnuts, garlic and chilli into a food processor and process until smooth.
Season to taste with salt.
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||33||5.5%|
|Total fat||3.7 g||6.0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fibre||0 g||0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content