Understanding Chinese Medicine & Qi Gong
Vital Health Zone is proud to announce Kay Hutchinson, who is our resident chinese medicine and qi gong expert and who is available to answer all your questions about chinese medicine and alternative health.
Kay has a private practice and is available for distance consultation, via telephone or email.
Kay answers all your chinese medicine and qi gong questions below:
Q: I am 50 and have a lot of health issues and would like to know if you could help me find the path back to wellness.
Here are some of the symptoms I have been experiencing lately:
- Frequent headaches around the front of my head, but also on the sides
- Tingling in my hands and cold feet
- Angry outbursts and moodiness, including thoughts of suicide
- Memory is really bad and very forgetful - unable to recall simple words when speaking and can not finish my thoughts or can not finish a sentence as I forget what I was talking about
- Constantly clearing the throat, it feels like there is a lump there which cannot be cleared
- Tired all the time, but conversely have a very difficult time getting to sleep at night
- Lower back pain along with coldness around the back area
- Fluid build up or fat build up and craving sweets all the time
- Smell odd smells no one else can smell
- Sometimes have a metal taste in my mouth
- No sexual desire any more
- Spotting in between my periods
There are so many odd symptoms going on with my body and I feel like I am falling apart. What would you recommend I do to help me get my health back on track again?
A: In Chinese medicine, we look at root causes for health challenges versus the symptoms, so I would suggest getting with a certified acupressurist or acupuncturist in your local area to get an an assessment to determine what the root causes of your issues are.
At the same time, I would consult with a medical doctor and get some blood work done. Often times, women can have low thyroid which can result in many of the symptoms you are describing so ask your doctor to do a full thyroid, endocrine and metabolic panel to rule out issues with your endocrine system. Your medical doctor might also request tests for CBC, kidney and liver panel. This should give some information about what root causes are. Ask for copies of this blood work to take to your holistic practitioner, as it is helpful for us to see blood work when formulating herbs or protocols for session work.
I wish you best healing energy.
Please note that the information provided is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose or treat medical conditions. Consult with your medical physician regarding appropriateness of using herbs in your healing process.
Contact Kay Hutchinson, CAMQ, CAMT at Aiki Healing today for a consultation for a custom herbal formulation.
Enjoy better health!